Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Reflecting....

Tonight I am sitting in our apartment finding myself reflecting on the last 4-5 weeks. We packed up our belonging and sent them on air and sea shipments, said our goodbyes to family and close friends, we loaded our luggage and flew 1/2 way around the world to an unknown country, we settled into apartment, we sent the kids off to an international school and Chris started his job with CAF (Chang'An Ford). Wow! When I stop and process all that, I am amazed that we actually did it!

The kids are happy at their new home and adjusting to school really well. They are tired in the evenings, but as we were reminded by their new principal, their minds are working overtime  in a new country and hearing and seeing things that are very foreign to them  (it's expected for them to be exhausted in the first few weeks.)  Chris is doing exceptionally well at CAF and building strong relationships with the Chang'An engineering team while working side by side with them to build the transmission plant. We have received a very warm welcome from all the Ford families here. Also spending lots of time with the families that moved at the same time as us, together we are figuring things out. China is different than what we are accustomed to in the US, however nothing has been too difficult to manage and we are making it by just fine. 

I am very thankful that we are staying healthy and happy during these difficult first months. Sometimes I daydream and think I am in Michigan and have to pinch myself to remind me where I am at.  China is a vast country with so much to explore and I'm itching to get started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment